Almond Flour on Sale!

8 Oct

Hey there!

So many readers have asked me where I buy my blanched almond flour, as it can be wildly pricey in stores. (Although, how nice that grocery stores at least stock it now, on the bright side!) Good news — there’s a sale. And I wanted to make sure you didn’t miss it.

I have mentioned before that I justify the cost of almond flour by comparing one pound of blanched almond flour to one jar of almond butter from the store — they are very comparable, and a pound of almond flour will last me longer. I have also mentioned that I make it more affordable by

1) buying it in bulk (think 25 pounds at a time!) and

2)buying it on sale.

I will never purchase any brand but Honeyville, as you just cannot get it cheaper, and the quality is so high. They aren’t lining my pockets with the Benjamins to say this either – this is entirely unsolicited. I just want those of you who are also on a budget to reap the rewards of their occasional sales! You can buy a ton and freeze it for months and months. So stock up, get to it, and make some pumpkin donut holes or other almond flour recipes to celebrate October. : )

Use Coupon Code: 1492 at Honeyville’s online store. Shipping is always only $4.49 (!!!), and the more you purchase, the lower the price is lowered per/lb. (Note that the coupon’s “1492″/association with Columbus Day is definitely not an endorsement, on my part, for celebrating Columbus Day…)

Be sure to buy BLANCHED almond flour if you plan to make any of my recipes — the “natural” kind still has the skins on, and it results in less satisfactory, crumbly results.

xo.

Cinnamon Rolls + The Best Vegan Frosting
Think This, Not That #4: When You Lose It
Spicy Cabbage Soup for Sassy Sinuses

10 Responses to “Almond Flour on Sale!”

1. Sarah Teets October 9, 2012 at 11:49 am #

Thanks for alerting me of this sale! I just ordered the 25-pounder, which comes out to $4.28 per pound, including shipping. This is a really amazing deal, especially given that almond flour seems to be even more expensive here in VA than in CO (more in the $13-15 per pound range than the $11-13, though it could be that prices have simply gone up everywhere since I last bought any in a grocery store). I’m set for a while for making SO MANY PUMPKIN DOUGHNUTS. Thanks for your post, Katie, as always!

2. Justine October 18, 2012 at 9:18 pm #

Would you mind if I pinned your recipes to Pinterest? Let me know:) Thanks!!

• Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing October 20, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

Justine, I would love it if you pinned some recipes! (So long as they link back here and don’t contain the text of the whole recipe in the description, I am beyond delighted to have them shared! :) ) xo.

3. Taraz December 13, 2012 at 8:39 pm #

The biscochitos were a big hit at the party we had . YUM . Thank you again for making those for rezal’s wedding.
    I am graduating Dec 16th and so is my daughter, Rezal. We are having an open house from 6:30pm-10pm at 955 Eudora Denver Co. This is a clubhouse.
    Send me an email to let me know if you and your husband can make it.
    I was unable to contact you by facebook since my facebook will not work anymore.
    Love you,
    Taraz

4. Debbie Lindsey February 22, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Please provide pricing on your almond flour. I live in Dayton, Ohio

Debbie

5. Karen October 10, 2013 at 9:22 pm #

I just tried to order a 25# box of Almond Flour from Honeyville and the coupon code 1492 came back as invalid. I thought maybe it was because I wasn’t on Honeyville’s email list, so I subscribed. I’ll try ordering again tomorrow and see what happens. Bummer if I can’t buy the flour on sale :(

• Katie October 19, 2013 at 11:17 am #

Hi Karen! So sorry for the confusion I caused — this is actually a post from last year, if you can believe it. Yikes! I’m very neglectful of posting these days, as I’m trying to wrap up grad school. Here is the most recent email I received from Honeyville re: discounts: “Honeyville’s 5 day 10% Off Sale starts Monday, Oct. 21st, 2013 and ends Friday, Oct. 25th, 2013. To claim your 10% savings, shop online at store.honeyvillegrain.com before the sale ends. Shop as usual, then simply enter the coupon code “HARVEST” during checkout and enjoy.” I hope this helps!

6. Aiden July 20, 2014 at 12:30 am #

When someone writes an post he/she keeps the image of a user in his/her
    mind that how a user can know it. So that’s why this
    paragraph is great. Thanks!

7. Brandie July 20, 2014 at 2:32 am #

Write more, thts all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you relied
    on the video to make your point. You clearlky know what youre talking about, why throw away your intelligence on just
    posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something enlightening to read?

My homepage :: phoning the Vodafone contact number (Brandie)