So, I wanted to use this Sunday to share a little joy with you. Did you ever make mix tapes (yes, cassettes — doesn’t it make you feel old, despite being young)? I was a mix-tape fanatic. Here is my my mix…”post.” I haven’t done this before, but I thought perhaps it would be better than overloading you with yet another recipe, bad photoediting job, or heavy post. It lets me offer some cool things I’ve encountered this week, and maybe even (not so) sneakily place some of my own posts into the list, so that you new readers (welcome friends!) can get a sense of what Nourishing Flourishing is all about. It’s like the Sunday New York Times, but in hyper-summarized blog format. Or not. Not at all, really. Anyway. Grab your cup of coffee or tea, and snuggle in for some nice Sunday readin’.
Here were some highlights of the past week or so:
- My love Erin @ Big Girl Feats’ post on her thyroid cancer treatment and awesome system of “plus/delta”: Radioactive Wo-man
- Gena and Freya’s post Green Recovery: The Plant-Based Road to Healing from Disordered Eating There is much thoughtful discussion in the comments, too; this is a challenging and complicated issue!
- Me…(shameless plug, but there was awesome response to it) Think This, Not That. #1
- Kelsey @ Happy Yolks on Being a Conscious Consumer
Good Eats and Drinks:
- 5 Minute Perfect Vegan Pesto
- Sweet and Savory Date Tapenade
- Peanut Butter Doughballs/PB Banana Bread Bombs (<– I will definitely be making these today)
- Michelle @ The Lively Kitchen’s Pinkalicious Grapefruit Sparkler (we tried this before + ’twas good, but hers is perfect)
- The Twins @ Pure2Raw’s Savory Donut (does anyone want to give me a donut pan? Kthanks.)
- Ashley @ The Edible Perspective’s Creamy Smoked Kale Salad
- I got to guest post at Bob’s Red Mill
- Enjoyed some sunshine
- Hung out with my friend Mary, who is the most jovial 80-something year old you’ll meet
- Beanitos are on sale BOGO…so far I have purchased 16 bags, at least…(they go off sale soon, in my defense)
- Laughed really hard, a lot (mostly at the end of this post)
- Taking Sunday off to recharge (ahhhh, yes!)
Hope this mix
tape post provides your day of relaxation a little more…awesome.
Highlights of your week?