Mix Tape [Post] of Awesome

So, I wanted to use this Sunday to share a little joy with you. Did you ever make mix tapes (yes, cassettes — doesn’t it make you feel old, despite being young)? I was a mix-tape fanatic. Here is my my mix…”post.” I haven’t done this before, but I thought perhaps it would be better than overloading you with yet another recipe, bad photoediting job, or heavy post. It lets me offer some cool things I’ve encountered this week, and maybe even (not so) sneakily place some of my own posts into the list, so that you new readers (welcome friends!) can get a sense of what Nourishing Flourishing is all about. It’s like the Sunday New York Times, but in hyper-summarized blog format. Or not. Not at all, really. Anyway. Grab your cup of coffee or tea, and snuggle in for some nice Sunday readin’.

Here were some highlights of the past week or so:

Good Reads:

Good Eats and Drinks:

Good Times:

• I got to guest post at Bob’s Red Mill
  • Enjoyed some sunshine
  • Hung out with my friend Mary, who is the most jovial 80-something year old you’ll meet
  • Beanitos are on sale BOGO…so far I have purchased 16 bags, at least…(they go off sale soon, in my defense)
  • Laughed really hard, a lot (mostly at the end of this post)
  • Taking Sunday off to recharge (ahhhh, yes!)

Hope this mix tape post provides your day of relaxation a little more…awesome.

Highlights of your week?

Also, check out my guest post at Bob's Red Mill!
Learning to Love
Gluten-Free + Veg 4th of July Ideas

23 Responses to “Mix Tape [Post] of Awesome”

1. Freya April 10, 2011 at 4:33 am #

Hooray, thanks for the shout out! I’m glad you liked the post :)
    You know the highlight of my week – finding your blog! I LOVE it! Aah :)

2. Heather @ Health, Happiness, and Hope April 10, 2011 at 5:26 am #

Great recap! Haha, I had a tape player, but it was quickly replaced with a CD player before I had time to learn what a mix tape even was. ;)

3. Pure2raw twins April 10, 2011 at 6:04 am #

Donut pan on the way :)

4. Matt @ The Athlete's Plate April 10, 2011 at 6:14 am #

Great recap! I think the hardest I laughed was when you explained your little running incident ;)

5. Kierstan @ Life {and running} in Iowa April 10, 2011 at 6:31 am #

Sounds like it was a great week! My highlight was being able to run 12 miles pain free yesterday! Whoop!!

6. Erin @ Big Girl Feats April 10, 2011 at 9:14 am #

This is such a good idea – you should definitely Mix Tape it up every week. And thanks for the shoutout! Hearts! Unicorns! Beanitos!

7. kate@ahealthypassion April 10, 2011 at 9:24 am #

the sky is absolutely gorgeous, blue skies make me so happy!

8. Jenny (Fit Girl Foodie) April 10, 2011 at 10:39 am #

Someone stocked up on some serious bogo ;) My highlight of the week was seeing one of my good friends get married and having some of that amaretto cake! :D

9. Natalia - a side of simple April 10, 2011 at 10:47 am #

Such a great roundup! My very favorite link JUST might be your gluten free doughballs. This could very possibly have to do with the fact that I’m obsessed with horses and unicorns :)

10. Holly @ The Runny Egg April 10, 2011 at 1:43 pm #

I love your mix tape post :) I definitely need to make those PB banana bombs. I totally forgot that I was going to make those!

Highlights of my week – Twins game on Friday was so much fun, went to the shooting range on Saturday and had a blast, relaxing and basically doing nothing today :)

• Katie @ Nourishing Flourishing April 11, 2011 at 10:18 am #

Yay for baseball again! I can’t wait to go watch a few. Seriously make the bombs, they take like 5 minutes at most to throw together, but their deliciousness last forever… (or something) ;)

11. Michelle {the lively kitchen} April 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm #

I need a donut pan too! Also – I made a second round of the grapefruit sparklers last night with vodka. Holy yum batman.